Monday, August 20, 2012

  • We are HOME! We had amazing friends and family arrive at 8:00am Sat morning. In about an hour our truck was packed and we were up to the new house to unload.It was a busy long day! We had to return the truck early Sunday morning. We got back home with 30 min to bath, find Sunday clothes and get to the church.We were told it started at 11:00 am which is great because we already had been going at that time. As soon as Sacrament was over, we went to make sure we were in the right ward. We were there at the right time but not the right ward. Ours had a reverse schedule. So we jumped over in time for Sunday school and then went to our second hour of Sacrament.Wow what an amazing ward!We are so re-leaved.Everyone is amazing. We have had people stop by with treats and we have been invited to a back to school breakfast for the beginning of the school year. We found out our whole development does holiday neighbor parties. We have to learn more about the neighborhood zombie wars they have every fall. Joe and I have grown up watching movies where kids are raised in a community with neighborhoods where the kids actually go outside to play and neighbors walk around and visit in the evenings.Where there are street parties for the holidays and everyone has a sense of community and looks out for each other.We can't believe we have found this place. We feel so blessed.Every time we talk to anyone, we look at each and say are people this nice really?! Are these people for real? They all seem so amazing. All the neighbor children are so well raised. They have manners, say thank you and just so sweet.In this ward/church when a family moves in everyone speaks the entire sacrament hour, even the littlest children in the family. This week a new family spoke about how they felt drawn to this place. We felt like they where telling our story. We don't know why we are supposed to be here, but we know we are meant to have our family here, at this time. We feel we will look back in our life and say (So that's why we were supposed to be there.) We almost have all the boxes empty. I spend my days plowing through the boxes. I'm obsessed with not having boxes around. The last time we moved I unpacked in one week.I'm trying to do it again. I don't know if I can because. We have just a few things in storage that I don' think I can get out before the weekend. It's race week, So it means nothing extra for Joe. I need his help getting the rest here. So my goal now is to just unpack everything by Friday. I want the Garages empty to start parking the cars in. We had the driveway poured 2 weeks ago and he said we can't park on it for 30 days. So two more weeks to go. I still want the garage spotless by Friday.Wish me luck! I need it!

2 comments:

  1. That's incredible Cherri. I'm so glad you found a beautiful peaceful place to live and it sounds like you guys are going to fit in super well because of all the activities your family likes to be involved in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad that the move went great. I am with you...I can not stand looking at boxes. I too unpacked in a week and it's been great.
    Hopefully we will see you at GBalls bday party!

    -Becca and Chris

    ReplyDelete